Monday, October 18, 2010

Yes, It has been since January



Well, obviously I am a horrible blogger. So much has happened since January. Brandon finished law school, passed the Bar, and we moved to Medford, OR. We have only lived here for about a week and half and it is definitely growing on us. This move has been extremely emotional for me though.

I loved Salem. The minute we moved there I wanted to live there forever. I had just been accepted to OSU before Brandon got his job offer too. Not to mention my family is there and we were in the most amazing ward ever. So, this is a change, but one we had prayed about and knew was the right thing to do.

So here we are in our pink house. Yes, I said pink. It was built in 1990 and hasn't been redecorated since. We have mauve and dusty blue wallpaper in almost every room. The light fixtures are brassy gold and the trim outside is pink. Our girls LOVE our house.

Brandon got the job of his dreams too. Even before going to law school he worked with kids with behaviorial problems. While in school he worked at a DA's office doing Juvenile law and he was just hired at the District Attorney's office here in Medford doing Juenile dependency/deliquency. I am so proud of him.

We are incredibly blessed. We finally have a house, a job, and we are now almost halfway between both of our families. This will be good (at least that is what I tell myself everyday).

5 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Yes, I think it will be good for you too!! I'm sorry it's been hard, though. Moving to Salem was so hard and emotional for me, so I do know how you feel. I'm sure you'll end up loving it, though. How exciting that you have a house and a yard and that Brandon got his dream job! Way to go Brandon. :)

Cooper Family said...

Congratulations on everything! We will miss you up here. Even though we hardly ever saw you, that being our fault. Anyway, keep in touch! Love you!

maynardmoments said...

Wow! A lot has been going on for you and your family. Congrats on everything! Sounds like your move was VERY similar to ours. Emotional, but also a blessing. Take care....and blog more, or else!

Kristin said...

WOOT! You blogged!!!!!! xoxo

Monica said...

YEAH!!! Your back! Oh, I have missed hearing what you are up to. Glad so many things are going well for all of you. :>