Monday, December 22, 2008

Freakin' Christmas

What a great mother I am! I had this idea in my head about how fun it would be to bring a tree home and have the girls decorate it with me, have Brandon hang lights, drink hot cocoa...you know, the perfect family Christmas. I guess I didn't factor in that our kids are HORRIBLE 2 year olds with the biggest emotional crises every 2 seconds. Brandon and I had to hurry and put the tree up while the girls were in time out for like the 15th time that night and by the time bedtime came around half the ornaments were already off the tree with the stupid little metal tops pulled off!!! Ahhh!!! So next year I hope it will be better with only one 2 year old to deal with.

On a positive note, we got a free tree from one of the local state parks. The Silver Falls State Park bought some land with a Christmas tree farm on it and every year they cut a few down and have this Christmas activity day where they give out free trees, hot chocolate, the kids can make ornaments and gingerbread houses, it was so much fun. So, the whole day wasn't so bad, I really do love Christmas.

4 comments:

Monica said...

I'm glad that the entire day wasn't terrible for you. It did sound like a great idea and something that is going to be a fun family tradition in your family too. I am also just so amazed that you got a Christmas tree for free! Does Silver Falls State Park do that every year? I had never heard of that before but it is so nice of them to do that. Hope you all have a great Christmas and we love you all and so miss you. I also hope you are enjoying all of the snow you are getting as well. :)

Contact info said...

Cute story! hope you have a great Christmas. I miss you all. Come visit soon.

Kelly Munns said...

hahahahahahaha! how sucky! isaac did fairly well with the christmas stuff...only he broke a snow globe yesterday. mommy was very sad. but he's learning how to say sorry and give hugs. let's hope that sticks. i miss you! let's get together sometime...even if it is in the mother's lounge :)

Evie Wonder said...

Hey, it's Megan. I found your blog through Amy's. Yeah, the Christmas tree has never brought much good memories to Adam and I (and we don't even have toddlers). It's always a fight about size, type, etc...